Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    This is pretty much my exact reaction to this thread & soundfile :

https://www.facebook.com/spiceadams9...68/?fallback=1

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. November For This Useful Post:

ddgretsch (03-08-2017),jda (03-07-2017),kevin klever (03-08-2017),Poetman (03-08-2017)

NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks
    Thank you for your comments!

I have just deleted all my messages from my Inbox, so theoretically from now I can recieve incoming private messages here.

However, I would suggest sending me an e-mail if someone is interested to:

kalmarjazz@gmail.com

I would rather sell her here for a Cymbalholic, who really appreciates this cymbal than on Ebay.

Thank you again, Zoli

NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks
    This cymbal has been sold.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgretsch View Post
    Don't mean to derail this sale, but Zen...the one you reference above could be my prized Stamp I - 22" Old K??

Attachment 11401
    Now that this cymbal has sold, I wanted to talk about all these holes in Dan's cymbal, but I did not want to further derail the sale of that beautiful old K. I met Michael Carvin a while back and he told me that Art Blakey put 28 holes in his ride - not for rivets, but essentially to dry it out and help control it by getting air to move through the cymbal and slow down the vibration of the cymbal. So I find it kind of interesting that your cymbal has 26 holes Dan...very Blakey-ish.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Drummer9981 For This Useful Post:

ddgretsch (03-20-2017)

Thanks
    Ok, now that explains it! Thanks Gabe. 26 rivets is certainly overkill. And one of this cymbalís strongest qualities is that itís super-dry, so drilling it works if thatís what youíre after. Also, the holes in this old K are larger than typical rivet holes from that eraÖlike the smaller ones in the 19 IIIa I have for sale. I think this 22 sounds really good as is or with only one or two rivets for some sustain. I canít imagine playing it with 26 but maybe Iíll give it a try . Anyway, when I get a chance Iíll record a sound file so yíall can hear it. Itís really thin at 2166 grams but has a very strong stick (no tape required) along with a beautiful old K crash and added quick, dry shoulder shanks. Itís a nice one

By the way, this cymbal doesnít seem to be a Stamp I as originally thought. The stamp is worn so itís confusing to a novice like me. Thanks to Zen and his DIY tool it was easy to conclude that itís actually a IIIb

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender (2).jpgFullSizeRender (1).jpgIMG_2965.jpg

NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks
    So the Cymbal arrived safely Yesterday. Zoli is a great guy to deal with. So what can i say about the Cymbal? It looks much better than on the Pictures and it sounds better than on the file. That means it is one of the rarest and best Cymbals on the planet
    which remained from that periode.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddgretsch View Post
    Ok, now that explains it! Thanks Gabe. 26 rivets is certainly overkill. And one of this cymbal’s strongest qualities is that it’s super-dry, so drilling it works if that’s what you’re after. Also, the holes in this old K are larger than typical rivet holes from that era…like the smaller ones in the 19 IIIa I have for sale. I think this 22 sounds really good as is or with only one or two rivets for some sustain. I can’t imagine playing it with 26 but maybe I’ll give it a try . Anyway, when I get a chance I’ll record a sound file so y’all can hear it. It’s really thin at 2166 grams but has a very strong stick (no tape required) along with a beautiful old K crash and added quick, dry shoulder shanks. It’s a nice one

By the way, this cymbal doesn’t seem to be a Stamp I as originally thought. The stamp is worn so it’s confusing to a novice like me. Thanks to Zen and his DIY tool it was easy to conclude that it’s actually a IIIb

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender (2).jpgFullSizeRender (1).jpgIMG_2965.jpg
    That's very cool to hear that your's is dry and has a strong stick. Would love to hear it sometime.

I drilled a 22" of mine for 8 rivets and didn't like it. I may just go ahead and add another 8 holes to see how it starts to effect the sound.