Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Zildjian Kerope for 2014?

The latest Jazz Times arrived today and features an article with Jimmy Cobb and Peter Erskine discussing what they like in rides. Erskine mentions a new ride about to be released that is close to an old stamp K: the Kerope. Anyone have more info? Anyone heard it?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 624 Posts
    hmm. Hot off the presses.

Thanks
    I heard and played some prototypes of the 20 Renaissance that I think/suspect may get rolled out at the Jan. Namm. (Very Elvin sounding)

Paul Francis said to tune back to the zildjian site on 11/6 for another one of their videos which is supposed to include some new and exciting items.

JDA: There's supposed to be a Zildjian Day at the the LIDS in Plainview coming up in November. If I can get out there w/ the wise guy crew I've been known to run with, I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks
    haha haa You guys are right out of the movies! for real Vin.

Thanks
    Dudes! Over a month ago, my BFF, Peter Erskine, was in town with Lee Ritenour. And Peter did a clinic at Bennett's Drum Shop. He had some of these mysterious new Zildjians. They did sound great! Supposed to sound like old K's! I was 15 feet away. Coulda fooled me! But I get fooled easily! For the first ten months after I heard JDA's name was Joe, I thought he was Joe Morello! I now know he is Joe Chambers!

Thanks
    thats right Italy..
    definitely not Swedish...more bi-coastal Africa

Thanks
    Good to read your goofy posts again, don. How many kits have you traded in the off-time?

Quote Originally Posted by donbseattle View Post
    Dudes! Over a month ago, my BFF, Peter Erskine, was in town with Lee Ritenour. And Peter did a clinic at Bennett's Drum Shop. He had some of these mysterious new Zildjians. They did sound great! Supposed to sound like old K's! I was 15 feet away. Coulda fooled me! But I get fooled easily! For the first ten months after I heard JDA's name was Joe, I thought he was Joe Morello! I now know he is Joe Chambers!

Thanks
    Robb Dunnett posted some YouTube clips of Erskine playing what he called amazing prototypes.

Thanks
    Wasn't there much variation in the K sound? That's what I always heard at least. Seems kind of self defeating for Z to stamp out a pie and say, "this is the definitive K sound"

Unless it is! Which means they've finally done it and we can all buy one, close down this forum for good and return to our normal lives.

Man, life would be so boring then.

Thanks
    I'm always amazed that very few drummers I meet in these parts (admittedly out in the hinterlands) have no idea who Kerope was. But, the "Modern K" name (trademark, whatever) has been around quite a while now and there are and have been so many variations (EAKs, K Cons, K Customs, plain old Ks, etc.) that it'll be interesting to see if Zildjian even uses that hallowed name.

Gotta wonder too if they'd even consider hand-hammering them. I know Z has claimed for a long time that their automated processes are better -- and I'm not debating that one -- but perhaps they perceive there's a marketing advantage to claiming a cymbal is hand-hammered. Sabian does it. Agop does it - as do quite a few others - so this could be interesting because if anyone should know some of the secrets to those old K's, PF and Zildjian should.

If so, perhaps that could provide the variations found in the "real thing". I guess we'll have to wait and see, but it's fun to speculate!

Nice to see this place back -- and it seems to work pretty well, now too! Thanks Patrice!