NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks

Istanbul Agop SE Jazz Ride 24"

I'm looking to swap my Istanbul Agop 24" Custom Series SE Jazz Ride for another 24". It's a great cymbal in great condition and was taken care of very well. Played but never abused. No cracks, keyholes, fleabites, etc. I picked this one out in October at the Chicago Music Exchange but sadly it just doesn't fit what I'm playing now. I know I'll regret getting rid of this thing but I know someone out there has better use for this cymbal than I myself.

The cymbal light (2812 g) and has good, woody stick definition with an airy wash that sits right below. It has a "buttery" feel when playing and plenty of wobble. It has the capability of producing very different sounds depending on where on the body you play and is also very dynamically responsive. The crash roars with a little dark trashiness and is perfect for accents; a good punch that backs off quick so you can keep riding and still have definition. The bell cuts and has a nice wash that sits right below offering extra sustain. This cymbal opens up and builds very nicely as you play. Takes a little bit of control to handle but most 24" and bigger often do. This thing is DARK and is absolutely perfect for jazz applications and/or if you just want a unique sound in your set up. I've always wanted to get this baby riveted but never wanted to do it myself or found someone who could. I think it would sound otherworldly if someone could make that happen. Definitely a delicate instrument so I would not recommend this for a heavier player. Also has a very aesthetically pleasing and unique look.

I'm interested mostly in Istanbul Agop cymbals and 24" size wise but may also consider a nice 22" if I really dig it. Not really looking for cash at the moment. Always wanted a Joey Waronker or 30th Anniversary if anyone is willing to let one of those go (just saying). Tell me what you have!

FullSizeRender_2.jpg FullSizeRender_3.jpg FullSizeRender-4.jpg FullSizeRender_4.jpg

Listen to the cymbal HERE!
    Last edited by Mcruz0109; 01-21-2015 at 06:35 PM.

'HOLIC
    Thanks
    pm sent, thank you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stephan schneider For This Useful Post:

Mcruz0109 (01-21-2015)

NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks
    Added some pictures and a sound clip. Enjoy!

NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks
    Ended up picking up another 24" so now I'm looking for a good 22" for the left that is crashable. Still prefer an Agop if possible but if I like it, I'm game. May take cash if a good offer is made.

SENIOR "HOLIC
    Thanks
    I have a 20" SE ride. Nice for a LSR and I love the way they look.