Administrator
    Thanks

Exclamation Autographed Sam Rivers Mosaic box set - Complete Blue Note Recordings

Not sure what it's worth, honestly. In packing my music collection, I came across my Sam Rivers Mosaic box set (3-CDs) of his complete Blue Note recordings. Unbelievable set of music. Changed my life. I had a chance to hang with him and also Jackie McLean at one point. Usually, I never ask for autographs, but I did ask Mr. Rivers if he'd sign the box. I had to do it.

He agreed and asked where. I indicated that any place would be just fine.....at which point he smiled, and proceeded to sign it completely across the front cover. We had a laugh about that and he joked about his age in the picture on the cover. "Damn, I was a young man! Look at that!"

The rest of that day was incredible....anyway, if anyone is interested in this out-of-print box set, I suppose we can talk it over.

samrivers.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chadmin For This Useful Post:

Dardrum (06-17-2014)

SENIOR "HOLIC
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Wow... this is pretty cool!

SENIOR "HOLIC
    Thanks
    I love that one called "Contours." That's some killer early Tony right there.
    Need to check out the other ones. You should hang on to it, unless you're practicing some serious non-attachment that is.

'HOLIC
    Thanks
    Joe chamber I believes plays on that one. I have this set it's really great.

SENIOR "HOLIC
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junkdrum View Post
    I love that one called "Contours." That's some killer early Tony right there.
    Need to check out the other ones. You should hang on to it, unless you're practicing some serious non-attachment that is.
    Joe Chambers is on Contours. Tony is on Fuchsia Swing Song.

SENIOR "HOLIC
    Thanks
    Cool. Thanks for the schooling. I'll take Joe Chambers any time.