Thanks

WTB: 13 3/4" Bottom Hi-Hat Cymbal

My top hi-hat cymbal is a bit undersized, so I'm looking for a corresponding bottom hi-hat cymbal that measures 13 3/4" in diameter. Hoping for something like an A, K, Agop, Bosphorus, or what have you in the approximately 1200+ gram range. Let me know if you have anything like this. I'm okay if it's slightly larger than 13 3/4", but definitely not a full 14"... maybe like 13 7/8 would work.

Thanks
    starsofsydney on ebay is selling a 13 3/4 602, but it's most probably lighter

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jbl View Post
    starsofsydney on ebay is selling a 13 3/4 602, but it's most probably lighter
    I saw that... Yes, you're right. It is light.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 2,756 Posts
    What Stars has missed is that the fine tonal groove lathing on that slightly undersized 14" cymbal means it is either a 602 Sound Edge top, or a Joe Morello series hat. The Joe Morello series hats were slightly different sizes because Joe wanted them that way. Top slightly smaller. If it is a Joe Morello series it might not even be cut down. I would need hands on to be able to tell. But none of this matters because it is lighter than you want at under 700g.

Any 35 cm cymbal should be a possibility. Targeting 35 cm as if it were true 14" is one of the reasons for undersized cymbals from the Turkish and Chinese manufacturing regions.

Good luck with the hunt.

Stars "cut down": https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-3-4-CUT-...l/232793059409
    Last edited by zenstat; 06-08-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    "For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert, but for every fact there is not necessarily an equal and opposite fact" (Thomas Sowell, 1995 in The Vision of the Anointed)

Which K Stamp is this? A DIY tool click here
    Old K prices and weights click here
    Avedis Zildjian Gallery and Timeline click here
    Old A prices and weights click here
    Paiste 602/Sound Creation prices click here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zenstat For This Useful Post:

jbl (06-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,682 Times in 6,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Polo View Post
    My top hi-hat cymbal is a bit undersized, so I'm looking for a corresponding bottom hi-hat cymbal that measures 13 3/4" in diameter. Hoping for something like an A, K, Agop, Bosphorus, or what have you in the approximately 1200+ gram range. Let me know if you have anything like this. I'm okay if it's slightly larger than 13 3/4", but definitely not a full 14"... maybe like 13 7/8 would work.
    Should not shy away/dismiss/ or any of that..putting a 14 under a 13 &3/4 Au Contraire (that's sort of French..)
    before hearing; unless you already have; most/some/ well two guys at least) rather have the undersized/mix
    "I like em old small and heavy" cymbals .................................................. Joe