Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

22" K. Constantinople Medium Thin Low

I'm looking to sell my main ride from 2012-2017. There reverb link with pictures, video, and a sound file is as follows:

https://reverb.com/item/12962518-zil...-low-ride-2012

Price
    My price for 'holics is $350 + shipping.

Details
    I don't know the exact weight, but I'd estimate that it's around 2375-2400g using a bathroom scale and comparing it to my other cymbals. As shown in the video, it gets a lot of wobble on the edges. The production year, according to the serial number, is 2012. I bought it brand new in that year. I've never cleaned the cymbal. Although I've been tempted, I never drilled holes for rivets. The only issue is a slight dent in one spot on the edge. My guess is that this happened during transportation or loading/unloading. It had no effect on the sound.

Sounds
    https://soundcloud.com/user-323949086/wave

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
    Last edited by jazzdrummer8; 06-14-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That recording of Wave sounds really nice.

Thanks
    Thanks, Eric. Recorded using the two attached mics of the Zoom recorder set just in front of the band. The drums usually come through pretty hot given how close it is, but it gives a sense of the cymbal nonetheless. I'm pretty sure I was using SD4s as sticks and had a little tape underneath the cymbal since we had the recorder so close.

Thanks
    One more recording from the same gig:

https://soundcloud.com/user-323949086/beatrice

Thanks
    Thanked 3,291 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Gee, I'd keep this just to have it for whenever--you've put so much time in on it...the dirt and finger oil comes from you over your many gigs etc...

What's going to be your main now? The 20 30th?
    Sizzle swings....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueprint View Post
    Gee, I'd keep this just to have it for whenever--you've put so much time in on it...the dirt and finger oil comes from you over your many gigs etc...
    You're making me re-think things. There is a bit of history on it. But I just bought that 22" K Con Light, and things are feeling redundant. I'm also realizing that I'm not nuts on full 22" cymbal. Maybe the Turkish made 22" that are really 55cm would be ok, but I think "this is a lot of cymbal" every single time I play one. The definition of insanity.

What's going to be your main now? The 20 30th?
    At this point, I'm just considering playing brushes on every tune.
    Last edited by jazzdrummer8; 06-07-2018 at 11:57 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jazzdrummer8 For This Useful Post:

Blueprint (06-07-2018),jda (06-07-2018)

Thanks
    haha, that's funny! I forgot about the cons light. That's a toughie. You like your new light? How would you describe the difference betweent the two? You must have sold that bounce, eh?
    Sizzle swings....

Thanks
    haha, that's funny! I forgot about the cons light. That's a toughie. You like your new light? How would you describe the difference betweent the two? You must have sold that bounce, eh?
    The K Con Light is what I was searching for 6 years ago before I bought the MTL. It's a nice cymbal, but I'm afraid my ears may have changed. The wash of 22s can tend to be more enveloping than sitting underneath. Folks talk about about providing a cushion for the soloist, but big, dark cymbals can feel more like a fully-padded room. I may actually be more of a 20" with rivets kind of guy. The 20" Agop and 19" Kerope always make me happiest and fit the music best.

The Light has a great stick and a very nice feel. I was surprised at how dark it sounded on the gig as it is a little heavier than the MTL. I thought that might bring the pitch up more and take away some of the wash. Here is a clip comparing the two. I always hit the MTL first for each pattern. Please don't judge my parenting skills by this. My kids were safely a couple rooms away from the cymbals, but you can hear, "Too loud, daddy," followed by crying of the other one (he cries a lot as it is).

https://soundcloud.com/user-32394908...-light/s-OZo3b

And, yes, I sold the 22" Bounce to a guy who is happy with it and regularly playing it out. 20" Bounces do sound pretty nice, though...

Thanks
    The MTL sounds darker to me, but I've got crap earbuds in at work. I know exactly what you mean by changing ears, though. But, at least now you've had the 22 light and don't have to wonder anymore and can prob. sell it at a small profit. Funny how one just can't be happy with what they've already got and love--the 20/19 rig. I've not had my 22 30th out on a small combo gig--but have one tonight, so I'm curious to see how it's goign to work.

As for the parenting...

I look at that now and can't believe I let him do that. Oh well, he's got perfect hearing so...bullet dodged!
    Sizzle swings....

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blueprint For This Useful Post:

jda (06-07-2018),Seb (06-14-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,667 Times in 6,095 Posts
    weight is one factor-in bring a pitch up (weight is but one factor)

bends in profile, a total bow/umbrella. a curve in the edge; a curve anywhere

will raise pitch to the admonishment of weight.
    Flat profile is giving the 22 Light (I was owner of one) impression of low at it's heavier weight . 2 cents (I might be right)

hey. We can all weigh a cymbal and be "100% sure of that 'measurement'..
    (but more complex) it take's an eagle's eye at eye-level- to notice- the sometimes- the nuance - in shape & in all the elements involved in : profile.
    ( 2 cents, 2 cents..)

Highs caused from weight versus Highs caused from bends in profile is likely a subject that has caused sleepless nights somewhere say in ..Avedis Zildjian Co... behind closed doors.

I can hear the lower weight of the MTL but can also hear the brooding low of the flatter heavier Light.
    (I'm thinking..
    Can hear the highs caused from the profile in the MTL. Can hear the highs caused from weight in the Light.

I like to think these are the discussions that go on behind the Closed door at Zildjian. You know the one with the Red Light and do not Enter Keep Out sign (kidding...
    Last edited by jda; 06-07-2018 at 12:53 PM.
    "I like em old and heavy" cymbals not women wait..................................Joe

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jda For This Useful Post:

Blueprint (06-07-2018),EricBailey (06-07-2018),jazzdrummer8 (06-07-2018)