Best,
    Madis

NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks
    Cinemadrummer?

NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks
    I sent a pm.
    Last edited by cinemadrummer2001; 12-27-2017 at 01:37 PM.

NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks
    As I have not reached an agreement with Cinemadrummer (no hard feelings though ), I would like to reopen this thread. So, still for sale: Paiste Formula 602 22" Dark Ride Cymbal (1975 series). See initial post for further details. Questions? Shoot!

Best wishes to all forum members!
    Pieter

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pieter For This Useful Post:

zenstat (01-05-2018)

NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks
    Just curious: is this dark ride overpriced? I based my numbers on Zenstat's pricing table published a few years ago...

Check: http://black.net.nz/paiste.html

Thanks
    Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,892 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the family!
    "You've been making the wrong mistakes" Thelonius Monk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Killian For This Useful Post:

Pieter (01-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    Just curious: is this dark ride overpriced? I based my numbers on Zenstat's pricing table published a few years ago...

Check: http://black.net.nz/paiste.html
    I've got more up to date prices (and lots more sales recorded) but I haven't put together the big Paiste Price update I keep promising.

In terms of 22" Dark Rides there are basically 3 different price distributions: 602 Dark Rides (including Transitional) > Sound Creation > Sound Creation New Dimensions. The following is a boxplot of price distributions and to learn about how to read these click here

The median price for 22" Dark Rides is $650, so your price is in line with that. And the nicely preserved ink on yours is a plus. I've included the Transitional ones (the ones with the shooting star logo but lacking the bottom FORMULA 602 portion) in with the 602 Dark Rides. All prices exclude shipping. It may be that potential buyers in the USA are concerned about the cost of shipping to them. But other than that, it just seems that you need to be patient. Eventually you should catch a fish at that price.

The price differences don't seem to be related to weight, just what the production era is:

It looked like there was an increase in weights from 602 to Transitional to Early SC to Late SC to SC New Dimensions in the earlier report, but since I've doubled my sample sizes and improved my analysis techniques the only real weight distinctions are between 602 (including Transitional) and all 3 Sound Creation eras as a group. So that's what I've plotted above.
    Last edited by zenstat; 06-03-2018 at 03:06 PM. Reason: spelling fixed
    "For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert, but for every fact there is not necessarily an equal and opposite fact" (Thomas Sowell, 1995 in The Vision of the Anointed)

Which K Stamp is this? A DIY tool click here
    Old K prices and weights click here
    Avedis Zildjian Gallery and Timeline click here
    Old A prices and weights click here
    Paiste 602/Sound Creation prices click here

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zenstat For This Useful Post:

Blueprint (01-13-2018),Pieter (01-13-2018)

NEW 'HOLIC
    Thanks
    Thanks for the statistics update, Zenstat!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,340 Times in 1,497 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenstat View Post
    I've got more up to date prices (and lots more sales recorded) but I haven't put together the big Paiste Price update I keep promising.

In terms of 22" Dark Rides there are basically 3 different price distributions: 602 Dark Rides (including Transitional) > Sound Creation > Sound Creation New Dimensions. The following is a boxplot of price distributions and to elarn about how to read these click here

The median price for 22" Dark Rides is $650, so your price is in line with that. And the nicely preserved ink on yours is a plus. I've included the Transitional ones (the ones with the shooting star logo but lacking the bottom FORMULA 602 portion) in with the 602 Dark Rides. All prices exclude shipping. It may be that potential buyers in the USA are concerned about the cost of shipping to them. But other than that, it just seems that you need to be patient. Eventually you should catch a fish at that price.

The price differences don't seem to be related to weight, just what the production era is:

It looked like there was an increase in weights from 602 to Transitional to Early SC to Late SC to SC New Dimensions in the earlier report, but since I've doubled my sample sizes and improved my analysis techniques the only real weight distinctions are between 602 (including Transitional) and all 3 Sound Creation eras as a group. So that's what I've plotted above.
    I appreciate the fun of putting this together now I'm all data analytical and such
    Sizzle swings....

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blueprint For This Useful Post:

zenstat (01-14-2018)