Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

22" Zildjian K Old Stamp 2209g

Hello Cymbalholic Friends,
    I am selling this beautiful flawless Zildjian K old stamp. It weighs 2209g. I've bought this cymbal from an antique shop in Turkey close to ten years ago. I've never seen a 22" cymbal and in this flawless condition again in Turkey. The cymbal is in near mint condition, with no cracks of any size, anywhere on the cymbal. I rarely took it out of the house while I owned it. I'm attaching some photos and a youtube clip. I'll post some more stuff if needed. The price is $2900 plus shipping, or best offer. No trades please. Please let me know if you have any questions.
    IMG_1344.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1345.jpg
    IMG_1346.jpg
    Last edited by Emre; 11-14-2017 at 12:01 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emre For This Useful Post:

EricBailey (11-14-2017)

Thanks
    I want to be as thorough as possible with the photos. Although they are insignificant, there are a couple of very small dings on the edges. They were there when I bought the cymbal.
    IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Here is a close up of the bell. There is no keyhole, or cracks.
    IMG_1395.jpg

Thanks
    This is a youtube video I made today. The recording is made with my Zoom q2n camera with no effects of any kind. I'm sorry for the rock-drum kit.

Last edited by Emre; 11-17-2017 at 05:11 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emre For This Useful Post:

Drummer9981 (11-14-2017),veejay (11-14-2017)

Thanks
    Hi Emre,

Is PM the best way to contact you?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Unless you're really hurting for cash I'd take this off the market right now and reconsider. You'll probably never get a chance to own another one like this. In fact it's unlikely you ever even get to hear another one like this in person if you sell it. Something to think about! If you really do have to sell it, try to sell it to someone locally if you can so you can have a chance to buy it back one day. This is the kind of cymbal that will literally haunt the s*** out of you once it's gone.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kevin klever For This Useful Post:

Blueprint (11-14-2017),Chadmin (11-14-2017),EricBailey (11-14-2017),laotzu (11-14-2017),Midas (11-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 861 Posts
    Kevin is right. This is a once-in-a-lifetime cymbal--one that many of us (but not me) have been chasing for decades. If you hear a loud whirring noise, it's probably Matthias Kuert arriving in his personal helicopter hoping to seal the deal in person.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Midas For This Useful Post:

the sheriff (11-15-2017)

Thanks
    I realize it is an holy grail of a cymbal. While I was in Turkey, I saw some K's, but they were mainly smaller in size, or too heavy, or cracked. I have never seen another one like it in the seven years I spent there. (I'm sure you guys know the rarity of the cymbal better than I do)
    Some asked me if there were any cracks around the stamp. I guess that is a common thing with these cymbals? There are no cracks or splits of any kind around the stamp, or anywhere else.
    Kevin is right, this sale will haunt me. This was my very first serious instrument purchase, and it changed my view of what a musical instrument should be - and changed me as a musician!
    Before the cymbal, I had many decent instruments like Zildjian constantinoples, and about a dozen drum sets! They were all newer Yamahas, DWs, new Gretsch kits...But they all seemed like cheap, replaceable toys after buying this cymbal. I hope the buyer enjoys it, and learns as much from it as I have!

Thanks
    Hi Emre, have you measured the exact diameter?
    Do you see a K in the stamp? I dont see in the photo.
    Thanks, Rob

Thanks
    I will measure it this evening and take another photo of the stamp under more light. I know it is closer to 21.5, but Ill have the exact measurement for you soon.