Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    JDA and DonnieB, you're always welcome to visit Chicago. It's really nice in January.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jacebart For This Useful Post:

donbseattle (11-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,488 Times in 2,053 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Jace! Joe and I both saw our dermatologists lately. They told us both that we need to get our faces sand blasted....so we are going to come to Chicago in January and stand on by the lake on a 10 degree windy A*S day and get our faces blasted by the wind chill, baby!!

Thanks
    That sounds lovely. I'll look forward to your arrival.

To answer your question:I got the Brooklyn kit on a trade. Wasn't sure what I'd do with them but I'd heard so much about them I thought I'd give'm a try. I knew I loved the 302s and I'm a sucker for that Espresso wrap. And they didn't disappoint. But I've got a set of Yamaha Club Customs in Black Swirl, 12 14 20, that I don't like more, exactly, but they do take Yamaha "Vintage" wood hoops, and they just sound super cool. And they look amazing. But if the Gretsch kit doesn't go after a while, I'll take the wood hoops and put'm on the Canopus kit, sell the Yamahas and keep the Gretsch, too.

All of this is, of course, nuts. Or you could say it's all perfectly sane, given that all of the stuff is so good. I have discovered that I've never heard a great drumset that I didn't like. And I've also discovered that I don't really have any identity on drums. Cymbals are a different story. Snares too. Or I should say: I can love any top of the line Sonor, Gretsch, Yamaha or Canopus kit. I'd probably be able to love others too, given the chance.
    Last edited by jacebart; 11-16-2017 at 09:57 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jacebart For This Useful Post:

benroe (11-14-2017)

Thanks
    Now, if any of you good folks has a rad, very deeply hammered 22 K Con Medium Thin Low that you want to put towards the 1660, let's talk.

Or, some 14" 8-lug Yamaha vintage woodhoops for a snare drum.

Or, a 5 x 14 Noble & Cooley solid shell snare.

Or, a particularly dry Bosphorus 21 Masters ride--not the MV, but the plain, good'ol Masters stuff.

I'd be into any/all of that stuff.
    Last edited by jacebart; 11-17-2017 at 02:19 PM.