Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Gretsch USA Brooklyns 12 14 20 Espresson Burst w/Extras: 1660 shipped

I wanted to try out something new so got these on a trade from the excellent folks at Steve Maxwell drums. The set is an 8 x 12, 14* x 14 and virgin 14 x 20 bass drum. I will include both a snare stand for the 12, as well as a Gretsch Rims-like harness in case you prefer to mount it to a cymbal stand. All the original heads are excellent, hardly show any stick marks. These drums are every bit as good as the Gretsch USA Customs. I actually prefer the Brooklyns to the USAs in this configuration. (For a traditional bop kit, different story.) They are only cheaper because they come in more limited configurations and colors but the drums are made here in the USA and feature a maple/poplar blend, 302 hoops, and the same 30 degree bearing edge featured on the USAs. The kit looks and sounds fantastic and will cover anything. But don't take my word for it. Listen to the video of the actual drums here:

You can hear them at three tuning ranges and see them looking incredible. With a tiny bit of moongel, they sound, to my ear, identical to USA Customs; without the moongel, you get a slightly fatter and more open sound.*I will also include the two different bass drums heads that you hear in this video, the coated Powerstroke, which works great in louder settings, as well as the Remo Renaissance head, which sounds wonderful tuned high for that Blue Note bop thing. C If you can pick them up, I'm happy to knock off $100.

These are great drums in mint condition. I knew when I traded them that I might not keep'm. I'm selling this set, as well as the Canopus kit. I don't need to sell both so whichever one goes first is fine, I'll probably pull the other one down and keep it. Probably.

$1660 shipped via Paypal Family and Friends--or regular Paypal if you cover the fee.
    Last edited by jacebart; 11-10-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks
    sexy tubs! i dig the espresso finish.
    220, 221...whatever it takes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to benroe For This Useful Post:

jacebart (11-09-2017)

Thanks
    Ya man, super good lookin.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,488 Times in 2,053 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jace if you sell these and your Canopus drums, what will you be playing, bro ?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,579 Times in 5,458 Posts
    Donnie. I think you and me gotta Pay Jacebart a visit.
    He's buying and selling so much We gotta get to his secret Capisce?
    .................................................. .........................................Joe

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jda For This Useful Post:

donbseattle (11-10-2017),jacebart (11-12-2017)

Thanks
    So those are Expresso Burst Brooklyn series Drums.

Got it (right?) far out.
    .................................................. .........................................Joe

Thanks
    Thanked 3,488 Times in 2,053 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like the mid range tuning the best. Nice drums man. You might miss them!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to donbseattle For This Useful Post:

jacebart (11-10-2017)

Thanks
    Oh ya? That's interesting because, for me, I first fell for them in that video in the lower and the upper register. When I got them, I found the mids and the uppers really easy to get and they sound wonderful.

Ya, it's all good stuff. Really, all the good stuff is so good nowadays, isn't it?

In any case, I'm not a "motivated" seller so if they don't go anywhere, it's fine. It'd be good to have a little bit more cash towards the downpayment we're saving up for but if they don't sell, it's not the end of the world.

Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jda For This Useful Post:

jacebart (11-10-2017)

Thanks
    Ooops...sorry folks. I miscalculated the shipping a bit. These drums are heavier than I realized. It's 1660 shipped Paypal F&F instead of 1600. Still a great price. The drums are unbeatable at that price, imo. And you get two bass drum heads and a snare stand for the 12 if you don't like the Gretsch suspension mount, which I'll also include. I tried correcting the post with advanced search but the original title will still say 1600 instead of the corrected 1660. Again, sorry for any confusion.