View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. A Jazz Ride

[QUOTE=Blueprint;143642]I have an amazing 22 A from the fifties, hammered, dryish, dark sitting in the marketplace. It's looking for some love.[/QUOTE

And a 20" K, too? Still available?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What the heck are these cymbals?

Quote Originally Posted by Mers View Post
    Jorge makes them sound even better. He played old A's with Mehldau a lot, sounded great, but it's mainly his touch. The guy is seriously good.
    I agree with Mers. I saw Jorge live once in Vancouver BC in a quintet with Seamus Blake. Jorge played like Tony that night. Had a too heavy chain on one of his cymbals.....................and he made it sound GREAT. Badd dude!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My latest purchases

Quote Originally Posted by Jptrickster View Post
    Rock and Roll Now your talking! You can always flip if it's not
    up to the task.
    I'll bet you get it sounding just fine.

I have absolutely no regrets about the steel premier I bought last month. Tuned from low to medium with a two ply batter and a wallet. Great rock or memphis R&B sound. Only question is how often, not whether, it will beat out the aluminum
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 16" Gretsch Bass Drum

Quote Originally Posted by jda View Post
    convert a floor RB preferably

eh sorry answer no

this is the best answer! 16 inch RB Gretsch floor toms are not that hard to come by, because all the cool guys want 14 x 14's. Send it to to Precision, have them reduce the depth from 16 to 13 or 14 and do the bearing edges. Then shell out for hoops n spurs. You will never regret it. I have a freakin champagne glass glitter 16" RB Gretsch bass that I once accidentally scored on ebay. The deal of my life. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My "new" Slingerland Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Killian View Post
    I like the look with the logo present like this!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast