View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Introducing myself, and my current collection

Hello all. I have lurked on this site since the old forums, created an account on the new forums 2 years ago, and finally posted for the first time today.

I live in Florida, I'm a recovering software developer and an irrecoverable jazz musician.

The good stuff (updated Nov 8 2017):

14" K New Stamp hats - 844/936
    14" A 50's Stamp hats - 805/815 (815 on top sounds great)
    15" A Late 40's Trans Stamp hats - 859/873

Updated 11-08-2017 at 12:16 PM by EricBailey

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. For Sale - Sabian HHX Evolution Cymbals Mint.Condition.

Complete set -- $1350. Shipped securely, fully.insured. Flat.Rate.$50

Package includes -

20" Ride,
    14" Hi Hats (Top/Bottom)
    17" and 18" Crashes
    17" Effecks Crash
    18" Ozone.Crash
    7", 10" and 12" Splashes

Also.included 1 padded cymbal bag
  3. Why You Are Unhappy With Your Gear, According to Science

Quote Originally Posted by Gongman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donbseattle View Post
    They have both been playing the same gear and cymbals for a long time. Relatively inexpensive sh*t. They both play ALOT of gigs and projects with some of the most interesting players and in some of the coolest jazz related projects in town. Not old guys. They are too busy playing music (and also TOO POOR) to worry about getting gear like Tony or Jack or Billy Higgins or Buddy Rich, etc.
    This is the heart of things. I was having this same sort of discussion yesterday with a saxophonist
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A Jazz Ride

[QUOTE=Blueprint;143642]I have an amazing 22 A from the fifties, hammered, dryish, dark sitting in the marketplace. It's looking for some love.[/QUOTE

And a 20" K, too? Still available?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. What the heck are these cymbals?

Quote Originally Posted by Mers View Post
    Jorge makes them sound even better. He played old A's with Mehldau a lot, sounded great, but it's mainly his touch. The guy is seriously good.
    I agree with Mers. I saw Jorge live once in Vancouver BC in a quintet with Seamus Blake. Jorge played like Tony that night. Had a too heavy chain on one of his cymbals.....................and he made it sound GREAT. Badd dude!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast